I’m starting a new feature on the blog today: Photo Friday! Our inaugural picture is…Buster the boxer of course! We live in Toronto, Ontario and have a cottage in Muskoka, Ontario, so we spend a lot of time in the car. The only person who is happy about being in the car for extended periods of time is our little guy:
Cottage car rides
James and I only live in the city because we have to for work. We have the country in our souls and would much rather be on acreage than living anywhere near a concrete jungle. Our dream is to build a log cabin with the mountains behind us and a lake in front of us. In the meantime, the cottage is our sanctuary!
Ever since James and I first started dating, we talked about getting a cottage together (you can read some fun facts about us in my recent Instagram post). When we lost my dad, we gained a new perspective and decided to accelerate our retirement goal because you never know how long you have or how many healthy years you’ll be granted together.
I always seize the moment and there isn’t a day that goes by where I’m not working towards one of my goals, like getting healthier and publishing my novels. I believe consistently hustling for what I want will pay dividends as I learn to be disciplined and strategic with my time, effort and mental energy. I may not have achieved my goals yet, but I’m closer today than I was yesterday and that’s a great feeling!
Are you a country or city person? What goals are you currently working towards?
James’ photography essentials
- James shoots with a fancy (and expensive) camera, but highly recommends the Canon Rebel as a great entry option
- A sturdy tripod and carrying case are crucial accessories
- If you’re often out and about on adventures like we are, you’ll also need a cleaning kit
Buster’s cottage essentials
To keep Buster safe and happy at the cottage, we always bring his:
- Life jacket
- Natural bug repellent (DEET works, but it’s poison)
- Benadryl (Buster is very sensitive to bug bites, so Benadryl is critical to have on hand to treat mild allergic reactions at home. You can read about other safe and effective home remedies for your dog on the blog as well!)
- BPA free travel bowls
- Favourite floating bone
- Don’t forget to check out our just for dogs recipe section of the blog!
To get a sneak peek into our lives, head over to Instagram. Don’t forget to follow our hashtag #authoropwrites, turn on our post notifications, and show Buster some love with a like or follow! You can also subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive content and so you never miss a post.
Note: some of the links on OPwrites.com are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase an item using one of the links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Buster thanks you in advance for supporting his cookie addiction and I thank you for supporting my blog.