Do you know all the creative ways to use coconut oil? It’s very trendy and I promise that I used it religiously before it was cool. If you haven’t already gone crazy for coconuts, you should reconsider! However, not all things are created equal, so ensure that you get a high quality coconut oil that you can consume (in limited quantities) and slather on your skin worry free.
Creative ways to use coconut oil
Coconut oil is so versatile that I’m sure one of my ideas below will work for you!
- Coconut oil can be used as a skin moisturizer. Check out my anti-aging eye cream recipe for proof!
- You can use coconut oil as a base for homemade toothpaste
- You can use coconut oil to replace eggs or butter in baked goods
- You can mix coconut oil with your dog’s food to soothe allergies and irritated skin. Buster previously shared his other home remedies for dogs and we have humans covered too!
- Coconut oil can be used to replace shaving cream and aftershave
- I love a good smoothie (check out my healthy strawberry milkshake recipe) and coconut oil is a natural way to get the perfect consistency
- Coconut oil makes an excellent natural make-up remover
- You can use coconut oil to polish wood and shine leather (do a patch test first!)
- For a delightful kick, you can add coconut oil to homemade soup
- If you’re a coffee drinker, consider adding coconut oil to your brew (yes, really!). I’m a coffee purist and you can find my favourite brands here, here and here
Note: coconut oil is high in saturated fat (the “bad” fat), so I recommend taking a balanced approach and consuming in moderation. Try avocado or grapeseed oil instead, my two favourite high heat cooking oils.
What’s your favourite way to use coconut oil?
For bonus pictures of Buster the boxer, head over to Instagram. You can follow our hashtag #authoropwrites, turn on our post notifications, and show Buster some love with a like or follow. If you subscribe to our monthly newsletter, you’ll never miss a post because you’ll receive our monthly digest and be the first to know about book news and exclusive giveaways.
Note: some of the links on OPwrites.com are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase an item using one of the links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Buster thanks you in advance for supporting his cookie addiction and I thank you for supporting my blog.