Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and I shared why in my gluten free coconut flour banana pancake recipe – it stems from nostalgic memories with my dad, who I spent a lot of time with in the kitchen baking up a storm and creating new recipes. We’ve been consistently meal planning this week and healthy breakfast quiche has been getting us from early morning to lunch with ease.
Do you want more Buster the boxer? Head on over to Instagram – he’ll meet you there.
Quiche is usually loaded with cheese and while I love cheese as much as the next person, it is quite fatty (not great for health and fitness goals) and many people have issues digesting dairy products. I’ve included some cheese in my healthy breakfast quiche recipe, but I’ve drastically reduced it and loaded it with hearty and filling vegetables instead.
Skipping breakfast isn’t an option for me because I workout in the mornings (check out my YouTube and Jillian Michaels recommendations if you want to get fit at home – I’ve lost 60 pounds and counting from my living room) so I need my energy (not to mention I get hangry – just ask James). Having food pre-prepared is a lifesaver and I highly recommend it!
Healthy breakfast quiche
This lightened up quiche provides breakfast for the week and freezes well if you decide to make two at once! It’s flavorful and packed with veggies and cheese in every bite.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of greens, shredded (I used cabbage)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large pepper, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 2 tablespoons of melty cheese, grated (I used mozzarella)
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them. Add the almond milk, shredded greens, diced onion, chopped pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Continue whisking until well combined. If you prefer a different spice mixture, now is the time to experiment!
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and top with the grated cheese
- Bake at 350° for about half an hour
What is your favourite kind of quiche?
Note: some of the links on OPwrites.com are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase an item using one of the links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Buster thanks you in advance for supporting his cookie addiction and I thank you for supporting my blog.