As this year draws to a close and I reflect on the last seven months of blogging, I’m sharing a 2018 opwrites.com roundup of my top posts. It was a year of learning and personal growth, which I hope continues into 2019. I could do with less turbulence, but I’m sure all of us would appreciate coasting on smoother waters.
I enjoyed connecting with new friends and followers, both on the blog and through my other social media channels (I’m most active on Instagram if you’re trying to find me). I’m planning to be more organized in the new year because, to be honest, I’ve been in a slump these last few months and it’s time to shake it off.
I’m not a new year’s resolution person because I believe change can (and should) happen throughout the year, but I’ll take the excuse to press reset. In fact, I will share my new year’s promises with you next week (everyone breaks resolutions, but most of us strive to keep promises). Hopefully they can inspire you to make some healthy changes too!
Let me know in the comments below what you want to see more of in 2019. Thank you for following along – I appreciate every like, share, follow and subscribe.
2018 opwrites.com roundup
- Chapter 1 of Twist of Fate (learn more about my debut contemporary romance novel here)
- Chapter 1 of The List
- What is #OwnVoices?
- #MeToo in romance novels
- How to research your book
- Books that have made me a better writer
- How to build an author platform
- 10 ways to beat writers’ block
- Submission package to query literary agents
- How to prepare for a writing conference
- How to pitch literary agents live
- Strategies to reach a goal
- How to overcome failure
- How to handle rejection
- How to deal with jealousy
Photo credit: Nicole Ashley
- The introvert’s guide to small talk
- 7 ways to know you married a trades guy
- 12 friends every woman needs (and 3 to ditch)
- Attitude of gratitude
- Life lessons from cancer
- Life lessons from your dog
- Cheap and fun date ideas
- How to keep memories alive
- Easy ways to save money
- How to stop worrying
- Benefits of meditation and how to start
- Easy self-care tips
- Natural cold remedies for humans
- Safe and effective home remedies for dogs
- Meal prepping tips
Photo credit: Nicole Ashley
- Grillable black bean burgers
- Cheeseburger casserole
- Slow cooker cabbage rolls
- Easy 4 ingredient guac (featured on foodgawker)
- Bakery style banana bread donuts (gluten free and vegan-friendly)
- Chocolate chip cookie protein balls
- Oatmeal cookie chocolate chip cookie protein balls
- 2 ingredient banana cookies
- Delicious chocolate chip protein cookies
Personal care products
- Nourishing lip balm
- Exfoliating face wash
- Anti-aging eye cream
- Safe and effective homemade toothpaste
What was your favourite opwrites.com post from 2018?
To see bonus pictures of our boxer, Buster, and get a sneak peek into my life with James, head over to Instagram. Don’t forget to follow our hashtag #authoropwrites, turn our post notifications on, and show us some love with a like or follow! You can also join my street team through a private Facebook group with direct access to me (and exclusive content)! This is where my readers become my friends.
Note: some of the links on OPwrites.com are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase an item using one of the links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Buster thanks you in advance for supporting his cookie addiction and I thank you for supporting my blog.