We’re a few days into a new year and while I wasn’t planning to start my new posting cadence until next week, I wanted to check in with everyone. I shared my words of the year on Instagram, which isn’t something I usually participate in. However, this year, I’ve taken comfort in creating a new routine, focusing on self-care and honing my focus on my goals. It’s never too early to take stock and adjust your course, so I have some new year check in questions for you to consider below.
Also, head on over to Instagram and check some romance book recommendations from me and Buster (Jennifer Probst is one of my favourite authors who wrote one of my favourite craft books, Write Naked. Sarina Bowen is a new to me author who I’m really enjoying reading).
New year check in questions
- What went well in 2018? Looking back, what are you proud of?
- How did you grow personally and professionally? What goals from 2017 did you cross off?
- What are the three things that stand out to you from last year? Go with your gut here – these are your standout moments, the first things that come to your mind when you think of 2018. Are they positive or negative? How can you make 2019 even better?
- What isn’t working? Where do you feel stuck? How will you make room to grow what serves you and let go what doesn’t (even if these are people)?
- What new thresholds will you cross in 2019? What doors are closed to you right now that you will open? Maybe you want to lose weight, eat better, or write a book, but you’re getting in your own way. Move over and make way for 2019, friends.
- What kind of person do you want to be in 2019?
- At this time next year, what do you want the answer to question #1, #2 and #3 to be?
- What is your action plan to achieve success?
- What are your words for 2019 (feel free to borrow mine)?
- What were your biggest time wasters in 2019? Did you spend too much time looking at a screen? If so, consider a digital detox to help you stay focused.
How do you want the next 362 days of your life to look? How will you make it happen?
To see bonus pictures of our boxer, Buster, and get a sneak peek into my life with James, head over to Instagram. Don’t forget to follow our hashtag #authoropwrites, turn our post notifications on, and show us some love with a like or follow!
Note: some of the links on OPwrites.com are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase an item using one of the links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Buster thanks you in advance for supporting his cookie addiction and I thank you for supporting my blog.